SUGAR SKULL NAILART

Sunday 31 March 2013


Last night I painted this! A Sugar Skull lady. I got my inspiration from a photo I had found before. Actually, sugar skull nailart looks a bit different - at least from what I can tell - but I wanted to make my design more goth. Goth, gothic, I don't know if that's the right thing that I mean. But maybe you get what I want to say.
In this design I worked a bit differently from how I usually do: I painted all the outlines with a dark grey nail polish (Secret Love by ANNY), and then used a coral (Coral by Barry M) and a dark red (Dangerous Affair by p2) to fill some spaces with colour. I'm so so happy about the look of it all together. In general, I prefer those cool, dark designs over the cute and pastel ones. Well, this one is not necessarily "dark", but it's got the contrast black-white which I always love.