MAX FACTOR FANTASY FIRE OVER ESSENCE JUST ROCK IT! SWATCHES

Tuesday 12 February 2013


Recently, I've been stalking some nail polish blogs, such as the-swatchaholic.com. I must say that this blog is one of my faves! Looking at all the photos of holographic, duochrome and glitter nail polishes made me want to put some sparkle onto my nails, too. So I put out my favourite, Max Factor's 45 Fantasy Fire. I used my still-not-tested peel off base coat by Essence for the first time; I shall write a review about it one day.


Fantasy Fire is a multichrome shimmer nail polish but it's not opaque on its own. It needs to be layered and looks best over royal blue, dark blue or black polish, I think. However, you could try any dark colour that you like. For me, Essence's 37 Just Rock It! did the job. It's a dark blue without any shimmer or glitter. Sadly it's discontinued since Essence changed their sortiment and the look of their nail polish bottles, and there is no similar polish to Just Rock It in their new range.
Essence Colour&Go 37 Just Rock It!
Essence Colour&Go 37 Just Rock It!

Essence Colour&Go 37 Just Rock It!
One coat of this polish was enough for great coverage. I let it dry and applied one layer of Fantasy Fire on top of it. To be honest, the Max Factor contains only 4.5ml so I didn't want to put a second layer on .. I'm scared I might use it up too soon :( And it would be hard to get another bottle because they're only sold in the UK (and maybe in Australia but I have no idea whether that's true or only a rumor!), I got mine thanks to my lovely friend Maren when she was in England on a school exchange. I asked her to search Fantasy Fire for me and luckily, she found it. Are you prepared for a photo spam?

Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire

Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire

Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire

Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire

Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire

Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire

Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire

Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire

Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire

Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire
Max Factor 45 Fantasy Fire

You see, Fantasy Fire is so colourful. It shifts from copper to red to purple to green, I can't even do it justice with my awful try to describe it. I look at my nails from various angles and it looks different every time! I simply love it.

P.S. I'd love to interact more with those who read my blog (regularly or irregularly). So leave a comment or follow my blog, talk to me on Twitter .. just show me that you were here! It would mean a lot. I'd like to get some feedback on this blog. Thank you! ♥

post signature